Thursday, February 14, 2008

I must know kung-fu...

Ooo boy, I think I added a bit too much garlic because my breath is KICKIN'!!

This parsley pesto recipe was good though and it was an easy Valentine's day meal with the roomie. Quickly whirl together the ingredients in a food processor, toss it into some spaghetti, and add a few chunks of chicken strips for a meal.

Parsley pesto:

2 Tbsp. whole almonds
1 packed cup Italian parsley leaves
4 - 6 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
1 small garlic clove, pressed (optional)

In a small food processor, pulse the almonds until finely ground. They don't need to be quite as fine as, say, sand, but close. Add the parsley, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic (if using), and process to a paste. Taste and, if needed, adjust salt, lemon juice, and/or olive oil.

(I added some fresh parm cheese to my pesto.)

Yield: about ½ cup

No comments: